Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Blogging For School

First off, I've never had the desire to blog nor the need to until now. But I've just started the LUX course at Seneca College in Toronto and one requirement is to submit much of my homework through a blog. Other new skills I need to get a handle on quickly are using IRC and publishing on a wiki. None of these are really intellectual back-breakers but it's taxing to learn them all at once. Such are the travails of this middle-aged brain. The name of the program is "Linux/Unix Systems Administration" but I think it might be more accurately entitled "Linux/Unix Systems Administration and Open Source methods of collaboration and productivity". In spite of this curve ball, I'm excited to be here. Rather than lament the fact that there's extra stuff to learn, I choose to buy into the idea that I'm getting two courses for the price of one. If I can handle the work load I'll come out with a really nice set of skills. Here's to thriving in the world of Linux and Open Source.

No comments: